Home & Legacy Accessibility Policy
Our committment to accessibility
Home & Legacy is committed to providing access to our website for as many visitors as possible.
We will be continuing to review and improve our websites for accessibility to ensure we make them as clear and effective as possible.
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any areas of the site you find difficult to use, please get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SignVideo Interpreting Service
What is this?
SignVideo gives our Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) customers easy access to an online interpreter allowing them to communicate with us using BSL. The service allows Deaf BSL customers to sign to an interpreter and the interpreter speaks to an adviser. It’s simple, fast and secure.
Just one way in which we make sure our insurance is accessible to everyone.
How do I use it?
IIf this is your first time, you’ll need to download a one-off Live plug-in. This enables good video quality and ensures that your calls are secure. You will get instructions when you connect to the web access page.
After that, you simply need to accept the terms and conditions.
Watch the instructional video
How can I get it?
The SignVideo service is available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
PC or Mac: you'll need a webcam, a broadband connection and one of following browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 (or above), Chrome (PC only) or Safari.
Smartphones/tablets: You can download the SignVideo app from either the Google Play Store for Android, or Apple's iTunes App Store for iPhone.
You’ll need an internet bandwidth of at least 256kbp/s upload and download (although we recommend 384kbp/s for best quality).
For any help please contact email@example.com or call 0208 463 1120.
Watch the user video below
Safari Mac & iOS
Internet Explorer 7 and above
- Go to the View menu and select Text Size. You can also go to Tools, then Internet Options, then Accessibility or use the keyboard shortcut of control and + or - to increase or decrease text size.
- Go to the View menu and select Text Size and then Increase Font, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Control and +.
– Go to the Customize menu and use the Zoom options, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Control and +.
- Go to the View menu, select Preferences then Fonts and then change Minimum Font Size.
– Go to the View menu and select Make Text Bigger, or press the Apple key and then the plus key (Control and the Plus key for Windows).
We have tried to make sure there is a high contrast between foreground text and background coloured items to help you easily read text on our site.