Making a claim
The best way to report a household claim is via our portal. Or email: email@example.com to report household, travel or landlord claims.
Home & Legacy claims team is available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, but many household claims can be reported online.
Our 24 hour home emergency line is available on 0208 603 9849.
For emergency medical assistance on your travel policy call +44 (0)208 686 1666.
For motor insurance claims call 0330 102 1772.
Call our claims team from abroad on +44 (0) 203 118 7777.
When making a claim, it would help if you had your policy number to hand.
If you’ve suffered a theft make sure you report this to the police as soon as possible so they can commence their investigations and give you a crime reference number.
Reporting a Home & Legacy household claim online is quick and easy, and may be more convenient for you during busy periods or outside of office hours.
What happens when a claim is reported online?
- We will first ask a few questions to check your claim can be reported online.
- We will ask for your policy number, followed by details of the claim.
- You have the chance to upload documents to support your claim.
- A loss adjuster may be appointed immediately, depending on the claim.
- If you purchased your policy via a broker, they will be notified.
- You will be advised of the name and contact details of your dedicated handler, and they will be in touch the following working day to progress your claim.
Existing claims - what happens next?
After reporting a claim, a dedicated handler from our specialist team will be in touch the next working day. They will let you know what we need from you to progress your claim. This may include proof of ownership or purchase, estimates for the cost of repair/ replacement and/ or photographs of item/ damage. For complex claims, it may be necessary to appoint a loss adjuster or one of our experts, such as a fine art valuations specialist.
Your dedicated claims handler will deal with your claim from start to finish.