Making a claim
When you need to make a claim, we will be empathetic and fair. We will always be efficent and ensure your experience does not involve unnecessary fuss.
- You can notify us of a claim by completing a claim form or by telephone, email, fax, or in the post.
- If you've bought your Home & Legacy policy via a broker, either you or your broker can notify us of your claim.
- One of our dedicated claims handlers will deal with your claim from start to finish and they will let you know what information is needed, this may include:
- Proof of ownership or purchase
- Estimate for the cost of repair/replacement
- Photographs of item/damage
- For complex claims, it make be necessary to appoint a loss adjuster or one of our experts, such as a fine art valuations specialist
- We will provide regular and clear updates to advise you on the progress of your claim.
- Once a settlement is agreed, our settlement methods are flexible. In most cases, claims can be settled by a cash payment, repair, or replacement.